Friday 12 April 2013

Design Process.

While conceptualizing the idea for the logo, I was drawn to the sharp images of the throwing stars. I stumbled across the symbol as I had been watching this particular anime and it made me think of drinking coffee for some reason. Thus the  shuriken-like shape stayed on. For the coffee bean shape, I used the obvious reference to the coffee drinking culture and incorporated it in to the artwork.

For the poster, I though about the shapes and designs created by barista's while they made mocha latte's or other creamy drinks. Because of that, the swirls and colour were born. I used striking text and also words that are a little harder to decipher because it draws people closer to the advertisement and thus creating pull of the audience. The loud words used incite a feeling of want and even the use of the green in the Koopi sign is to make people want the coffee as green is a colour that helps with hunger.

In the development process, I played around with many of the tools of Illustrator before settling on a particular fashion and size that I liked. I used loud colours and striking contrasts for the posters and the business card so that the effects would make it memorable to the public. I put coffee-like stains on the business cards so that people would link the cards to coffee and thus to the brand itself.

I did not want to put in so much detail for the letterhead because it would overpower the purpose of the letterhead and take the attention away from the logo and information at the bottom of the page. Thus simple lines and effects sufficed. The uniformed lines gave way to more curvy lines, accenting it and making the letterhead more professional looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment